- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Ted Cruz Items
A growing number of senators are trying to quash gun legislation before it even hits the chamber floor as Democrats hold out hope for a compromise and the White House gears up for a weeklong offensive to pressure Congress to act.
Would you invest in a company with a string of failures as sweeping as the GOP establishment's? Mitt Romney, John McCain and Bob Dole: All are products of the establishment, and all are failed candidates who opened the doors to the Obama and Clinton eras.
Even though Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has stripped the controversial "assault weapons" ban out of the Democratic gun-control package headed to the Senate floor, Sen. Dianne Feinstein has vowed to graft parts of her arbitrary ban onto other gun-control legislation with bipartisan support.
Congress is on a break this week, so here's some more of the whoppers that came out of lawmakers' mouths last week.
With polls showing waning support for new gun control measures, President Obama delivered an emotional and forceful plea aimed at ratcheting up pressure on Congress to pass a broad bill more than 100 days after the mass shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.
Sen. Marco Rubio decided Thursday to join Sens. Mike Lee, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz in informing Senate Majority Harry Reid via letter that they will block any attempt to bring the Senate gun control bill to the floor.
Sarah Palin is gearing up for 2014. Her SarahPAC came out with a video on Wednesday aimed at fueling the conservative fires for a dramatic comeback in the midterm elections.
Texas recently elected tea party favorite Ted Cruz to Senate, but don't count on such results from the traditionally conservative state for much longer, predicts Democratic Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
The head of the Senate Conservative Fund said Wednesday that the group will not support former South Dakota Gov. Mike Rounds in the race to replace retiring Sen. Tim Johnson, the Democrat who announced this week he will not seek re-election in 2014.