- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Topic - Ted Strickland
A newspaper investigation has found the average pay gap between men and women in the offices of four of Ohio's five elected statewide officials has grown to as much as almost $10 an hour, as it's shrunk to under a dollar across the rest of state government.
Ohio's former governor was tapped Wednesday to promote liberal causes in his home state and across the country as head of an influential Washington think tank's advocacy arm.
Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich heads into the 2014 elections with $7.9 million in the bank, after far outraising his likely Democratic challenger during the second half of 2013.
Democrats are rolling out the big names President Obama, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and former President Bill Clinton in a desperate effort to save Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland and maintain their grip on a state critical for the 2012 presidential election.
Frustrated, discouraged and just plain mad, a lot of people who have lost jobs — or know someone who has — now want to see the names of Democrats on pink slips. And that's jeopardizing the party's chances in Ohio and all across the country in November's elections.
Strickland will become president of the Center for American Progress Action Fund on April 1, he told The Associated Press ahead of Wednesday’s announcement.
Strickland said in an interview with The Associated Press that he has not entirely ruled out a run against U.S. Sen. Rob Portman in 2016, but he considers heading CAP Action "a dream job" and will devote all his energies to it.