- HUMPHRIES: Fight like a Democrat – An open letter to Sen. Mitch McConnell
- Florida board member shocks with ‘Heil Hitler’ salute at town meeting
- Bill O’Reilly, Chris Matthews inducted into Irish America Hall of Fame
- Military given ‘execute order’ by Obama for secret cyber mission in June
- College group’s diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Cops: 2 shoot up heroin as kids play at McDonald’s
- Drug charges against husband of Va. daycare owner
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after ‘indication’ of Malaysian jet crash
- Vertical Group trader jumps in front of commuter train: report
- Brazilian goalkeeper who ordered girlfriend’s murder may be released to play soccer
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
Topic - Teddy Roosevelt Saved
Like Rodney Dangerfield, Arlen Specter gets no respect. The former Pennsylvania senator penned an opinion piece calling on Con- gress to intervene to save football. The NFL owners have locked out the players. The football season may be in jeopardy. Something must be done.
"The Big Scrum: How Teddy Roosevelt Saved Football" (Harper), by John J. Miller: What's getting the Panama Canal built or making peace between Russia and Japan compared with rescuing football from damnation and dissolution? In the Age of Theodore Roosevelt, anything was possible.