- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Tehrik-I-Taliban Pakistan
The Pakistani Taliban announced Wednesday that they were giving a Cabinet minister an "amnesty," taking him off their hit list, because he offered a $100,000 bounty for the killing of an anti-Islam filmmaker.
A suicide bomber attacked the headquarters of a rival insurgent group in northwest Pakistan on Friday, killing 23 of its supporters in an outbreak of factional fighting, an official said.
Two suicide bombers attacked paramilitary police recruits heading home after months of training in this country's northwest, killing 80 people Friday in what the Pakistani Taliban called vengeance for the U.S. slaying of Osama bin Laden.
Three American missile attacks killed 54 alleged militants Friday close to the Afghan border, an unusually high number of victims that included commanders of a Taliban-allied group that were holding a meeting, Pakistani officials said.
An American missile strike killed seven suspected militants close to the Afghan border, the latest in a surge of such attacks over the last two months.
Two suspected U.S. missile attacks hit suspected militant targets in a Pakistani tribal area on Tuesday, intelligence officials said, making recent weeks the most intense period of such strikes since they began in earnest more than two and half years ago.
A suspected U.S. missile strike Sunday killed at least five associates of a warlord who is fighting Western troops in Afghanistan, intelligence officials said.