- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Terri Lynn Land
Latest Terri Lynn Land Items
The Michigan Political Leadership Program at Michigan State University is hearing from Republican ex-Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty and Democratic ex-New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson at its annual fundraising dinner.
A Michigan Republican running for a U.S. Senate seat is likely striking a chord with tea party types who favor limited government, with a mantra that reminds government is a servant.
Mourners continued to file past the casket of former first lady Betty Ford at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum on Thursday morning, and hundreds of people who admired the forthright Mrs. Ford were expected to gather along the route from the museum to the Episcopal church where she will be memorialized for a final time.
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Illegal aliens are ineligible for driver's licenses, Michigan's attorney general said yesterday in an opinion that affects one of the few states that have been granting licenses to undocumented residents.