- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Terry Collins Items
By the time David Wright got a pitch to hit, it was far too late for the New York Mets.
A group of Mets players gathered around the television in the clubhouse to watch a replay of Kirk Nieuwenhuis' homer a couple of hours earlier.
Arizona shortstop Chris Owings raced to get a speedy runner at first and sailed the throw into the opposing dugout. A few innings later, pitcher Ryan Rowland-Smith faced a similar hurry-up situation on a sacrifice bunt and threw the ball into the ground for another error.
Mets manager Terry Collins sent Jeurys Familia to the mound for his third inning of relief, and it turned out to be one too many.
Hank Conger got his first RBI of the season the hard way. It was the ultimate in taking one for the team.
Eric Young Jr. is proving he's an important part of the Mets' winning formula.
Jonathon Niese put to rest any worries about his health. Travis d'Arnaud did little to set aside any concerns about his ability to hit big league pitching.
Dale Murphy, New York Mets second baseman, wasn't at opening day Monday, but he had an excuse — his wife Tori was in labor. But it was Murphy's decision to stay with his new child and wife has caused controversy amid sports fans.
Daniel Murphy is proud he put fatherhood ahead of baseball, and New York Mets manager Terry Collins thinks criticism his second baseman received for taking paternity leave this week was unfair.