- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Terry Francona Items
Red Sox right-hander Josh Beckett left in the fourth inning of Monday's game against the Blue Jays with a sprained right ankle.
Jacoby Ellsbury likely will return to Boston's lineup on Tuesday and designated hitter David Ortiz could also play during this week's series at Texas.
Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz will out indefinitely because of bursitis in his right heel that has forced his foot into a walking boot.
The Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees have been hearing complaints for years that their games take far too long.
Boston Red Sox manager Terry Francona said Monday that recently acquired left-hander Erik Bedard is scheduled to start Thursday's series finale against Cleveland.
Boston left-hander Jon Lester could rejoin the rotation in about one week, while left fielder Carl Crawford will be back in the lineup Monday.
Long before spring training even started, the Boston Red Sox and Philadelphia Phillies were favorites to play each other in October.
Carl Crawford will be evaluated after straining his left hamstring in the first inning of the Boston Red Sox's 10-4 win over the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday night.
Bruins coach Claude Julien took the podium on Wednesday, just hours before Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals vs. the Vancouver Canucks, and spoke in generalities.