- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Creator of ‘Selfies at Funerals’ blog retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Terry Holland
For programs that rarely play and have very different football traditions, Virginia and Penn State share a number of personnel connections.
Andy Geiger couldn't escape the "weird feeling" he could have hired Jerry Sandusky, now charged with 40 counts of sex abuse of eight boys, as Maryland's football coach.
East Carolina is headed to the Military Bowl.
BLACKSBURG, Va. — For 21 seasons, Virginia Tech has benefited from the wisdom and toughness not just of coach Frank Beamer but also of defensive coordinator Bud Foster.
ECU AD Terry Holland said East Carolina's next step is to find an "equally exciting and competitive environment for the 18 sports other than football."
Holland, in an e-mail, said the search was waiting for Groh to finish the season with the Jets all along.