- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Terry Maketa
The fire department that first responded to a deadly wildfire in the Black Forest community says an outside investigation has cleared its chief of misconduct.
The Black Forest Fire-Rescue District has hired a public relations firm to deal with a spat with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office over complaints that the fire department was slow to respond to a deadly wildfire.
The fire department that first responded to a massive wildfire that killed two people in the Black Forest area says outside investigators have developed some leads about the potential source the blaze.
A Colorado sheriff said the two deaths reported in the Black Forest Fire that has raged in recent days are now being treated as homicides.
Remains of two people have been found in an area burned by a wildfire that has destroyed at least 360 houses northeast of Colorado Springs.
At least 3,600 people have been evacuated, as wildfires on Wednesday continued to rip through Colorado and parts of the Rockies, threatening to spread to at least three other states.
The number of houses destroyed by a wildfire near Colorado Springs could grow to around 100, and authorities fear it's possible that some people who stayed behind might have died.
Maketa has said there was no evidence of that.
Maketa released a statement saying the report is based on opinion, not fact.