- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
Latest Terry Mcauliffe Items
Former DNC chair, longtime Clinton ally Terry McAuliffe takes oath as Virginia's 72nd governor.
Terry McAuliffe, the former Democratic National Committee chairman and rainmaker for Bill and Hillary Clinton, was sworn in as Virginia's 72nd governor on a mild and rainy Saturday.
Terry McAuliffe has been sworn in as Virginia's 72nd governor.
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A clemency petition for a former Navy SEAL trainee imprisoned for the 1995 slaying of a vacationing Georgia college student has been passed along to Virginia's next governor, a spokeswoman for outgoing Gov. Bob McDonnell said Friday.
Gov. Bob McDonnell has already apologized publicly for the gift scandal that's engulfed his final year in office, but he did it directly to the General Assembly as one of his last acts while in office.
Tuesday's too-close-to-call special election in Norfolk appears to put Democrats on the precipice of taking effective control of the state Senate, but a possible recount could delay things for weeks — leaving incoming Gov. Terry McAuliffe facing a General Assembly dominated by the GOP for the beginning of his term.
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Virginia's National Guard will play a significant role in Saturday's inauguration of Gov.-elect Terry McAuliffe.
Outgoing Virginia Attorney General Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II has issued an advisory opinion saying Gov.-elect Terry McAuliffe does not have the legal authority to follow through on a controversial pledge to keep open some Virginia abortion clinics slated for closure.
Virginia Gov.-elect Terry McAuliffe has taken tens of thousands of dollars from coal companies to fund his inaugural celebration despite promoting an environmentally friendly agenda on the campaign trail that called for stricter regulation of the industry.