- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Terry Porter
The Los Angeles Clippers are focusing much more of their attention on Grizzlies point guard Mike Conley, and he has only himself to blame.
Rick Adelman is back on the court and coaching basketball after three weeks away to help his wife through a health scare.
John Wall had 14 points and five assists in his first start of the season, and the no-longer-last Washington Wizards finally hit double digits in wins Friday night with a 114-101 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Ricky Rubio swiped the pass in the open court and darted down the lane with Derrick Williams on his wing.
Alvin Gentry had a successful run with Steve Nash and the previous version of the Phoenix Suns, leading them to the 2010 Western Conference finals.
The Minnesota Timberwolves have announced that they are hiring Rick Adelman as their next coach.
Rick Adelman coached four teams in his first two decades in the NBA, each time taking a year off before starting his next journey.
The Minnesota Timberwolves persuaded Rick Adelman to listen to their pitch for the head coaching job after all.
The Minnesota Timberwolves have persuaded Rick Adelman to listen to their pitch for the head coaching job after all.
Terry Porter spent 17 seasons in the NBA as a point guard, a two-time All-Star who helped Portland reach the NBA finals and was regarded as one of the smartest players at his position.
The Phoenix Suns have extended coach Alvin Gentry's contract through the 2012-13 season.
JoePa visits the Bear's house. The 'Canes blow into the Horseshoe for a rematch of the 2002 national championship game. Florida State's first big game post-Bowden takes place in Norman, Okla., a rematch of the 2000 national title game.
"Obviously he's had a difficult time," said Porter, whose relationship with Adelman dates to the late 1980s when he was a point guard on Adelman's Portland teams. "For me, it was stepping in and doing the best I can to try to leave less stress on his plate, so to speak. It's part of my job too to be able to step up in there when it's called upon."
"I don't think it ever was really an issue," Porter said. "He was frustrated like any player would be who wants to be playing the fourth quarter."