- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Texas Department Of Public Safety
Texas troopers have stepped up patrols to watch for drunken drivers and help keep travelers safe during spring break.
An Oklahoma man faces drug charges after a traffic stop in the Texas Panhandle led to the seizure of more than $1.3 million worth of methamphetamine.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says interstate traffic in North and East Texas is moving slowly after sections were closed because of multiple accidents caused by icy conditions.
The lieutenant governor's plan to spend $60 million to quickly ramp up security along the Mexican border won't likely happen until September, raising accusations by his primary opponents that his urgent call for a border enforcement surge was politically motivated.
Authorities say a pilot who died this week when his twin-engine plane burst into flames after crashing south of Houston was from Alabama.
A dive team is searching a North Texas lake for weapons related to last year's slayings of the Kaufman County district attorney, his chief deputy and his wife, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Wednesday.
Three people have been killed and one is injured after an ambulance careened off a slick West Texas roadway and caught fire.
The driver of a casino tour bus that crashed on a Dallas-area highway, leaving three people dead, will not face criminal charges related to the incident.
Investigators say one person has been hurt when a small plane crashed and flipped near a Houston-area airport.
A North Texas man who deceived family, friends and government officials into believing he was a U.S. Army brigadier general pleaded guilty to impersonating a public servant.
A South Texas man who authorities say was wanted for causing an auto wreck that killed two people has been apprehended in Arkansas.
Texas troopers made nearly 1,500 drunken driving arrests during the recent holidays.
Three men have been killed and another critically hurt when their vehicle hit an 18-wheeler stopped along a South Texas highway.
Two Illinois college students have been killed and five others injured after their vehicle veered into oncoming traffic and was struck by an 18-wheeler in the Texas Panhandle.
State pilots have flown a $7.4 million high-altitude spy plane from San Antonio to Fort Stockton.