- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Mad dash for Nome: Dallas Seavey wins his second Iditarod dog race
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
Texas House Of Representatives
Latest Texas House Of Representatives Items
Tea party-backed first-term state Rep. Scott Turner says he wants to unseat fellow Republican Joe Straus as speaker of the Texas House, The Austin American Statesman reported Saturday.
The man they called "the Hammer," who used Democrats as anvils, got a little satisfaction Thursday. An appeals court in Texas reversed the money-laundering conviction of Tom DeLay and told him to go and sin no more.
When I was first asked to serve as Chairman of the Corrections Committee in the Texas House of Representatives, my first reaction was, “What did I do to deserve this?” As an engineer by training, I did not have a background in criminal justice and was not sure where to begin.
It's been a long time since any Texas Democrat was relevant on the national stage — think then-state Treasurer Ann Richards in 1988 — but a couple of young and very ambitious brothers from San Antonio hope to change that next week at the party's national convention in Charlotte, N.C.
The U.S. Department of Justice said in a court filing Monday that Texas' new voting maps for Congress and for the Texas House do not meet federal anti-discrimination requirements, setting up a legal battle that will decide the landscape of future elections in the state.
Former Texas Rangers president J. Thomas Schieffer was hired by Commissioner Bud Selig on Monday to run the Los Angeles Dodgers, less than a week after Major League Baseball took over operation of the franchise from owner Frank McCourt.
Texas House officials criticized one of their own members Tuesday for billing both his campaign and taxpayers for the same travel expenses, saying the reimbursements might prompt an internal investigation, criminal probe or both.