- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Thad W. Allen
Latest Thad W. Allen Items
Shrimpers returned to Louisiana waters Monday for the first commercial season since the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster, uncertain what crude still may be in the water and what price they'll get for the catch if consumers worry about possible lingering effects from the massive BP spill.
BP's blown-out oil well in the Gulf of Mexico is not yet plugged for good, and work on what's been touted as the permanent solution will need to continue, the federal government said Friday.
Crews drilling a relief well aimed at putting a permanent underground plug in BP's busted oil well in the Gulf of Mexico will suspend their work until storms pass, the government's point man for the disaster said Tuesday.
A star-studded team of professional basketball players joined President Obama and Education Secretary Arne Duncan in a game for U.S. troops and young people Sunday.
The U.S. government's point man overseeing BP's response to the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico gives the company high marks for its engineering response but low marks in dealing with people.
Guest lineup for the Sunday TV news shows:
BP PLC said Friday it might someday drill again into the same lucrative undersea pocket of oil that spilled millions of gallons of crude, wrecked livelihoods and fouled beaches along the Gulf of Mexico.