- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - The 1998 Olympics
The United States hockey team came to Russia for Olympic gold.
The title of fastest man on skates will be decided Monday, with Mo Tae-bum of South Korea in a good position to defend his Olympic title in the 500 meters.
Alina Adams’ background in ice-skating began years ago as chaperone for her figure skating younger brother, but she’s parlayed it into a career traveling around the world, behind-the-scenes for large events like the Winter Olympics.
Austria is sending 130 athletes to the Sochi Olympics, by far its largest ever team for the Winter Games.
Mike Babcock has an unprecedented trio of hockey titles, coaching teams to Stanley Cup, Olympic and world championship victories. And still, Babcock relentlessly strives for more success because he says it is "fun" to accomplish anything that is hard to do.
Mike Babcock has an unprecedented trio of hockey titles, coaching teams to Stanley Cup, Olympic and world championship victories.