- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - The 2011 U.S. Open
Sam Stosur is through to the third round of her home Grand Slam for the first time in three years after a 6-2, 6-0 win over Tsvetana Pironkova of Bulgaria at the Australian Open on Wednesday.
The nine first-round retirements at the Australian Open - eight men and one woman - equaled a record for the most retirements or walkovers in a single round at any Grand Slam in the Open Era.
Sam Stosur fought back from 4-1 down in the second set to beat Klara Zakopalova of the Czech Republic 6-3, 6-4 Monday in the first round of the Australian Open.
Third-seeded Murray won his first Grand Slam title at Flushing Meadows last year and his second at Wimbledon this July. But he was overmatched from the beginning on a blustery day in Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Sock is trying to follow in the footsteps of another Nebraska native, Andy Roddick, whom he grew up idolizing. The two actually played each other in the second round of the 2011 U.S. Open.
Jason Day took last week off to recharge after his bold bid in the U.S. Open.
The one thing that keeps Adam Scott from getting overly frustrated with his recent play is a green jacket in his closet.
Rory McIlroy caught his first glimpse of the course where he'll defend his PGA Championship title in August, and he liked what he saw of Oak Hill Country Club, with its mature trees at every turn.
As a 4-year-old she watched Venus Williams playing on TV and fell in love with her dress.
Venus Williams has made the dietary leap from steak lover to vegan but admits that in times of weakness she is a "cheagan."
Venus Williams hopes to end a healthy and successful summer with another first _ a World Team Tennis championship.
Rory McIlroy made back-to-back birdies late in the third round of the PGA Championship, opening a three-shot lead at the start of what should be a long day at Kiawah Island.
Think all grasses are the same? Not for the world's best golfers at the PGA Championship. Many won't be sure what they're facing with The Ocean Course's paspalum surfaces.
No cheer that sounded like the clap of thunder. No need to raise both arms or pump the fist in celebration.
All week long, golfers at the AT&T National have said how difficult Congressional Country Club's Blue Course at Bethesda is, and how it's playing more difficult than last year's U.S. Open.