- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
The 2020 Olympics
Latest The 2020 Olympics Items
Japan coach Alberto Zaccheroni has named Milan's Keisuke Honda and Manchester United midfielder Shinji Kagawa to a 23-man squad for next week's World Cup warm-up against New Zealand.
Tokyo, which hosted the 1964 Olympics, billed itself as the safe and reliable choice at a time of global political and economic uncertainty.
Tokyo has been considered a slight favorite but has been on the defensive in the final days of the campaign amid mounting concerns about the Fukushima leak.
Eliminated from contention Wednesday were five sports — karate, roller sports, sport climbing, skateboarding and the Chinese martial art of wushu.
Gardner and nearly everyone else associated with the sport in the U.S. were jolted Tuesday when International Olympic Committee leaders dropped wrestling from the Summer Games.
Hundreds of soccer fans stormed the field and clashed with police after the Turkish league championship.
Much has changed since the age of "pingpong diplomacy" 40 years ago when nine American players first looked across the table-tennis net at Chinese opponents.
Six cities from Europe, Asia and the Middle East are competing to host the 2020 Olympics.
NBC retained its hold on U.S. Olympic television rights Tuesday in a four-games deal through 2020 worth about $4.4 billion, defeating rival bids from ESPN and Fox, officials with direct knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press.