- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - The American League Championship Series
Sports championships aren't rare in Boston anymore, and security officials are drawing on what went right _ and wrong _ during recent victory celebrations as the Red Sox look to claim another title.
Sports championships aren't rare in Boston anymore, and security officials are drawing on what went right — and wrong — during recent victory celebrations as the Red Sox look to claim another title.
Motown icons the Four Tops are set to perform the national anthem at Game 3 of the American League championship series in their hometown of Detroit.
Motown icons the Four Tops performed the national anthem before their hometown Detroit Tigers faced the Boston Red Sox in Game 3 of the American League championship series.
A power outage has interrupted Game 3 of the American League championship series.
A power outage interrupted Game 3 of the American League championship series for 17 minutes.
On a spring training afternoon in March, Davey Johnson proclaimed that if his team didn't make the playoffs, the Washington Nationals could fire him. And he meant it. But in a season filled with organizational bests — 98 wins, the National League East crown and the arrival of a fan base — there never was any worry they'd have to.
Game 4 of the AL championship series between the Detroit Tigers and New York Yankees has been postponed by bad weather in the area — although Comerica Park itself was still dry when the game was called.
Jerry Girardi was memorialized Monday as a dedicated laborer who built the ranch-style Illinois home where he raised five highly successful children _ two doctors, a math professor, an accountant and New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi.
Prince Fielder had an RBI single after Miguel Cabrera was intentionally walked, Doug Fister pitched gutsy five-hit ball, and the Detroit Tigers took a 2-0 lead over the New York Yankees through six innings of Game 1 of the American League championship series on Saturday night.
Raul Ibanez struck again.
The availability of Rangers reliever Mark Lowe for the playoffs is very much in doubt because of a partial tear in his left hamstring.