- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
The Boston Marathon
Latest The Boston Marathon Items
The last time a horse meant this much for Boston, the jockey was Paul Revere.
After Peter Stefan offered to handle funeral arrangements for a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing, he was besieged by criticism, picketers and angry phone calls from people who called him a "traitor" and "un-American."
Former Fox News media personality Glenn Beck has been sued for defamation by a Saudi victim of the Boston Marathon bombings. Muslims have often falsely been accused of terrorism, and after clearing their names, have sued the individuals responsible for unwarranted accusations.
A year ago, an injured Meb Keflezighi watched the Boston Marathon from the stands at the finish line on Boylston Street, leaving five minutes before the bombs went off.
The tradition of running a marathon on Patriot’s Day — now in its 118th year — has always hearkened back to colonial triumph. But from Monday going forward, the Boston Marathon will now also signal triumph over terrorism.
One year after a bombing there killed three people and left more than 260 injured, Keflezighi added Boston to a resume that includes the New York City Marathon title in 2009 and a silver medal in the 2004 Olympics.
A look at the 118th running of the Boston Marathon.
Months of 3 a.m. wake-up calls and fitting in about 30 miles of running a week with her busy schedule of congressional votes, constituent meetings and fundraisers have led Rep. Kyrsten Sinema to Boston, where she hopes to complete her 10th marathon Monday in honor of someone who will never cross the finish line.
Some of the security measures in place for the 118th running of the Boston Marathon on Monday: