- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - The Bowl Championship
The weekly college football coaches' poll will go on, though it won't have a direct say in which teams play for the national championship anymore.
Are we expecting things to be better in the brave new world of a playoff or just different? Because different we're going to get and, while that's not a bad thing, it doesn't necessarily mean better.
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (AP) — Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher remembers a time when winning the Rose Bowl or the Sugar Bowl made for a great season for a college football team.
The Bowl Championship Series produced frustration, anger, resentment — and some indelible memories.
Team Destiny vs. Team Domination.
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — Tajh Boyd threw for 378 yards and five touchdowns, Sammy Watkins had a record-setting night with 16 catches for 227 yards, and No. 12 Clemson rallied to beat No. 7 Ohio State 40-35 in the Orange Bowl on Friday night.
There will be a funeral amid the celebration after the BCS championship game on Monday night.
The last big BCS debate is in a way the first big College Football Playoff debate.
The just-ended rivalry week ranks among the best that college football has seen in forever.
After taking over as the starter with five games remaining last season, Hogan, a redshirt sophomore, led Stanford to victories over UCLA in the Pac-12 championship game and Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. He won his first 10 starts, has thrown three touchdown passes in a game three times and has won all eight games Stanford has played against a ranked opponent.
The Bowl Championship Series has been good to Urban Meyer.
It appears that Ohio State wide receiver Evan Spencer won't be speaking to reporters for quite a while.
Exactly 20 years after one, the very idea of a "Game of the Century" sounds so, well, last century now.
The Bowl Championship Series is in its death throes, and few are mourning its passing.
The most scrutinized committee in sports has been set. The members say they'll need thick skin, plenty of time and the ability to leave their loyalties behind to pick the four teams that will play for college football's national title next year.