- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - The Bowl Championship
Lonnie Pryor got around the left side for a career-long 60-yard touchdown run, and No. 13 Florida State led No. 16 Northern Illinois 7-3 after the opening quarter of the Orange Bowl on Tuesday night.
The biggest question when two-time BCS buster TCU made the move to the Big 12 was whether the Horned Frogs could handle the week-to-week grind of playing in a major conference.
Every game counts. That's what the people who push the Bowl Championship Series like to tell college football fans _ and they're right.