- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
The Bowl Championship
Latest The Bowl Championship Items
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, former Nebraska coach Tom Osborne and College Football Hall of Fame quarterback Archie Manning are among the 13 people who will be part of the College Football Playoff selection committee in 2014.
Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long will be the first chairman of the College Football Playoff selection committee, and the rest of the 13-member panel that will decide which teams play for the 2014 national championship will be officially revealed Wednesday.
The committee will pick the four teams to play in the national semifinals. The winners will play about a week later for the national championship.
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is expected to be part of the selection committee that will pick the teams for the College Football Playoff next year, a person with direct knowledge of the process told The Associated Press.
Now that the guys putting together the College Football Playoff have determined where the games will be played, there's only one major item left on the agenda _ and it just might be the most important piece.
The College Football Playoff is all but done. The only part that remains unsettled is the membership of the selection committee that will determine which teams play for the national championship when the new system kicks in for the 2014 season.
The grandest stage in sports was too much for the guys who are putting together the College Football Playoff to pass up.
The cartel formerly known as the Bowl Championship Series has changed its name.
The first championship game in the College Football Playoff will be held at Cowboys Stadium.