- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - The Champions League
Cristiano Ronaldo is the player of the season in The Associated Press weekly football polls after a prolific year in Spain and the Champions League.
Turkish clubs Sivasspor and Eskisehirspor face Europa League expulsion for involvement in a domestic match-fixing scandal in 2011.
Failure to qualify for the Champions League is expected to cost Manchester United about $60 million, although the club said Thursday it has the financial power to reinforce the squad following its worst Premier League season.
Looking for its first European club title in 52 years, Benfica will play Sevilla on Wednesday in the Europa League final.
Mark Rodden, Eurosport, France
Bayern Munich seems to be going through a bumpy ride right in the crucial part of the season.
Bayern Munich has a chance to become the first club to win two straight titles since the Champions League formed in the 1992-93 season.
Bayern Munich warmed up for its Champions League semifinal against Real Madrid with a 5-2 win over Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga on Saturday.
Three rounds of games remain in the Bundesliga, increasing the pressure on the sides fighting to avoid the drop and those battling for European football next season. League champion Bayern Munich is preoccupied with overturning its narrow loss to Real Madrid in the Champions League semifinal, while time is running out for Eintracht Braunschweig, Nuremberg and Hamburger SV. Stuttgart, which took a big step toward survival last weekend, gets the 32nd round of games underway at Hannover on Friday. Here are five things to know:
Real Madrid and Bayern Munich renew their storied European rivalry in the Champions League on Wednesday, with the Bundesliga champion dominating their history.
Chelsea will be without goalkeeper Petr Cech and captain John Terry for the rest of the Premier League season, prompting manager Jose Mourinho to make the Champions League his team's priority.
Madrid will be the center of the soccer world this week when Real Madrid hosts Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid welcomes Chelsea in the Champions League semifinals.
Madrid will be the center of the football world this week when Real Madrid hosts Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid welcomes Chelsea in the Champions League semifinals.
Liverpool secured a return to the Champions League on Sunday.
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone has called their remaining Spanish league games five "finals," the first of them against Elche on Friday before receiving Chelsea in the Champions League.