- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
The Champions League
Latest The Champions League Items
Cristiano Ronaldo is the player of the season in The Associated Press weekly football polls after a prolific year in Spain and the Champions League.
Turkish clubs Sivasspor and Eskisehirspor face Europa League expulsion for involvement in a domestic match-fixing scandal in 2011.
Failure to qualify for the Champions League is expected to cost Manchester United about $60 million, although the club said Thursday it has the financial power to reinforce the squad following its worst Premier League season.
Looking for its first European club title in 52 years, Benfica will play Sevilla on Wednesday in the Europa League final.
Mark Rodden, Eurosport, France
Bayern Munich seems to be going through a bumpy ride right in the crucial part of the season.
Bayern Munich has a chance to become the first club to win two straight titles since the Champions League formed in the 1992-93 season.
Bayern Munich warmed up for its Champions League semifinal against Real Madrid with a 5-2 win over Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga on Saturday.
Three rounds of games remain in the Bundesliga, increasing the pressure on the sides fighting to avoid the drop and those battling for European football next season. League champion Bayern Munich is preoccupied with overturning its narrow loss to Real Madrid in the Champions League semifinal, while time is running out for Eintracht Braunschweig, Nuremberg and Hamburger SV. Stuttgart, which took a big step toward survival last weekend, gets the 32nd round of games underway at Hannover on Friday. Here are five things to know: