- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
The Champions League
Latest The Champions League Items
Bayern Munich received 166 points out of a possible 170 to top this week's Associated Press global soccer poll.
First-place Arsenal lost momentum in the Premier League Sunday, allowing a late equalizer in a 1-1 draw with Everton, while Fulham beat Aston Villa to give new manager Rene Meulensteen his first victory.
Gareth Bale took first place in The Associated Press global soccer poll Tuesday after scoring his first hat trick for Real Madrid.
What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, has a cute-looking son and steps out with a fashion model.
Even though it comes around comet-like just once every four years, or perhaps precisely because of that, the World Cup's grip on the planet's imagination remains impressive. French fans' delirious chants of "We're going to Brazil!" after their team dug deep to defeat Ukraine in the playoffs and Cristiano Ronaldo's joy at his hat trick that qualified Portugal showed how much this most global of sports tournaments means to nations and people alike.
Juventus and Real Madrid are at the top of this week's Associated Press global soccer poll. Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo leads the player poll.
Borussia Dortmund returned to first place in this week's Associated Press global soccer poll after a 6-1 win over Stuttgart. Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski, who scored a hat trick in the Bundesliga win, topped the player rankings.
Barcelona took first place in the AP global soccer poll Tuesday following its 2-1 win over Real Madrid, and Liverpool striker Luis Suarez earned top player honors.
The chief executive of the Russian league says a "misunderstanding" caused the complaint that CSKA Moscow fans racially abused a player.