- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
The Commercial Appeal
Latest The Commercial Appeal Items
The Memphis Grizzlies have decided to part with the winningest coach in the franchise's history, telling Lionel Hollins they will not be renewing his contract as head coach coming off their first trip to the Western Conference finals.
A federal grand jury in Tennessee has indicted 15 former FedEx workers, charging them with stealing from U.S. mail.
Coach John Calipari and former Memphis guard Derrick Rose agreed last year to pay $100,000 to avoid a lawsuit over the Tigers' season that ended in the 2008 Final Four with the wins later vacated by the NCAA.
Long-forgotten photos that show James Earl Ray being brought to jail after his arrest in the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. were unveiled Wednesday to commemorate the 43rd anniversary of the civil rights leader's death on April 4, 1968.
Late Civil War writer Shelby Foote's two-story, 11-room house _ secret room and all _ is the highlight of an estate sale in Memphis this weekend.
Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins has banned gambling on flights for Memphis after a fight between Tony Allen and O.J. Mayo on board an airplane during a return trip from Los Angeles.
The authenticity of tools supposedly used in Elvis Presley's autopsy and embalming is being questioned, and the items have been withdrawn from a Chicago auction.
Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant is being honored with a star in a music sidewalk in Memphis, Tenn.