- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - The European Tour
Ernie Els had another sad day upon learning that his former psychologist, Jos Vanstiphout, had died of a heart attack.
Tiger Woods birdied two of his last three holes to salvage an even-par 72 in the wind and keep his two-shot lead over Zach Johnson in the World Challenge on Saturday.
Stuart Manley of Wales put himself in position for a first European Tour title by shooting a 4-under 66 Saturday to take a one-shot lead into the final round at the Hong Kong Open.
The Nelson Mandela Championship golf tournament will end one day early next week to recognize the state funeral for the late president.
Tiger Woods had a birdie putt on every hole and made 10 of them Friday to tie his own course record at Sherwood and take a three-shot lead in the World Challenge.
Zach Johnson birdied four of the par 5s and shot a 5-under 67 to take a one-shot lead Thursday over Matt Kuchar in the World Challenge.
English golfer Simon Dyson has been handed a suspended two-month ban from the European Tour and fined $49,000 after his rules violation at the BMW Masters in Shanghai in October.
Joost Luiten better hope his decision to hit one shot at the BMW Masters doesn't keep him out of that other "Masters."
John Daly will play in the European Tour's Alfred Dunhill Championship this week as he comes back from elbow surgery.
The dry humor of Henrik Stenson and brash talk of Ian Poulter can soon be heard on the radio.
Lexi Thompson moved into position for her second victory in her last four starts, taking the third-round lead Saturday in the Lorena Ochoa Invitational.
Henrik Stenson remained in position to win the European Tour money title, opening a one-stroke lead Friday in the season-ending World Tour Championship.
Farmers Insurance stepped in at the last minute in 2010 when the PGA Tour event at Torrey Pines risked going without a sponsor.
Simon Dyson of England has withdrawn from the Turkish Open next week as he waits for a disciplinary hearing.
The British Open is moving away from 36-hole qualifying, instead using 10 tour events from five continents to determine 32 spots in the field.