- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - The Fa Cup Final
Starved of success for decades before the influx of Abu Dhabi cash in 2008, Manchester City collected a third trophy inside three years on Sunday. Exquisite goals from Yaya Toure and Samir Nasri in the space of two minutes during the second half enabled City to come from behind to beat Sunderland 3-1 and lift the League Cup.
The FA Cup final has been restored to its traditional place as the last match of the English football season.
Frank Lampard earned the top spot in the weekly Associated Press global soccer poll for the first time after setting Chelsea's career goals record.
The Italian is departing after less than four years in charge. He ended the club's 35-year trophy drought by winning the FA Cup in 2011 and in 2012 led the team to its first league title in 44 years.
Manchester City fired manager Roberto Mancini on Monday, exactly one year after he delivered the club's first English league title in 44 years.
The final phase of goal-line technology tests will begin this month before soccer's rule-makers make a definitive decision in July, FIFA said Sunday after another high-profile controversy.
The final phase of goal-line technology tests will begin later this month before soccer's rule-makers make a decision in July, FIFA announced Sunday after another high-profile controversy.
England's legendary comedy troupe extends its reach to diehard fans of the 1975 film "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" with a slick interactive app built for Apple's multimedia tablet.
Seeking to restore the allure of the FA Cup, English soccer is looking to American sports to see how some glitz can be added to the final of world soccer's oldest domestic cup competition.