- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - The Fa Cup Final
The FA Cup final has been restored to its traditional place as the last match of the English football season.
Frank Lampard earned the top spot in the weekly Associated Press global soccer poll for the first time after setting Chelsea's career goals record.
The Italian is departing after less than four years in charge. He ended the club's 35-year trophy drought by winning the FA Cup in 2011 and in 2012 led the team to its first league title in 44 years.
Manchester City fired manager Roberto Mancini on Monday, exactly one year after he delivered the club's first English league title in 44 years.
The final phase of goal-line technology tests will begin later this month before soccer's rule-makers make a decision in July, FIFA announced Sunday after another high-profile controversy.
The final phase of goal-line technology tests will begin this month before soccer's rule-makers make a definitive decision in July, FIFA said Sunday after another high-profile controversy.
England's legendary comedy troupe extends its reach to diehard fans of the 1975 film "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" with a slick interactive app built for Apple's multimedia tablet.
Seeking to restore the allure of the FA Cup, English soccer is looking to American sports to see how some glitz can be added to the final of world soccer's oldest domestic cup competition.