- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
Latest The Guardian Items
As predicted, the Church of England approved a proposal for women bishops for the church.
The Church of England may be on the road to having women bishops.
Norway’s Minister for Children, Equality and Social Inclusion, Solveig Horne, has targeted protecting the family as one of her priorities, starting with encouraging parents to have a weekly date night to combat the country’s divorce rate.
A newly hired New York Times columnist is an anti-Israel conspiracy theorist who is so opposed to “normalization” with the Jewish state that he once fought to prevent a think tank from translating his novel into Hebrew.
Thanks to Edward Snowden, President Obama not only missed a big dinner date this week, but he's become the brunt of anger of world leaders gathering in Brussels.
C.S. Lewis' fourth novel is being adapted as the next installment of the Chronicles of Narnia films, based on his beloved children's books.
Author Neil Gaiman shares his views on the importance of fiction and imagination to encourage progressive, intelligent societies.
China is taking advantage of the government shutdown and budget crisis on Capitol Hill to push for more favor on the world stage, telling other nations that relying on America to lead in the coming decades would be folly.
The 2013 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, a group that has been working since 1997 to eliminate chemical weapons worldwide.