- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
- Britain’s Labour Party hires David Axelrod — but can’t spell his name
- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
Latest The Heritage Items
Scribes with quills in hand were once the conduits of history, connecting ink to vellum, painstakingly preserving the records of the world.
When we think of those who wish to do us harm, we usually picture an assailant armed with a gun, a missile or a bomb --- someone who can hurt us physically.
The Ottawa Senators are looking forward to Sunday's Heritage Classic against the Vancouver Canucks.
"As governors, as state leaders, we're more optimistic than our friends in Washington."
It's easy for conservatives, who are forced to spend much of their time these days opposing bad ideas, to neglect the great responsibility of advancing good ideas.
"For him, it's all about getting out."
America's famed free market economy is under siege. For the seventh year in a row, the economic freedom score of the United States dropped on the Index of Economic Freedom, compiled by the Heritage Foundation and The Wall Street Journal. The U.S. is now the 12th freest economy in the world, down from 10th last year, and ranks as a second-tier "mostly free" economy.
My previous column focused on why the United States is no longer among the top 10 nations listed in the annual "Index of Economic Freedom." It's important to put this in a larger context and explain why it matters.
For generations, people worldwide who yearn for freedom have looked to the United States. Here, every citizen can speak his mind, pursue his passion and exercise other God-given liberties that are unjustly denied many others around the globe.