- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - The Honda Classic
The Honda Classic is a PGA Tour golf tournament that is played each March in Florida. It was founded in 1972 as the Jackie Gleason's Inverrary Classic. In 1981, American Motors (AMC) backed the tournament. Since 1982, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (Honda) has been the title sponsor. - Source: Wikipedia
Rory McIlroy already was 5 over for his round and appeared headed to another short week in a major. He finished with four birdies on the last eight holes, including a 40-foot putt from off the green, and achieved a first in his PGA Tour career.
The curls no longer spilled from under his cap, a big change for Rory McIlroy. Prompted to reveal the rest of his free haircut, he removed his hat and wild brown locks sprang to life.
A capsule look at 20 players expected to contend in the PGA Championship Aug. 8-11 at Oak Hill Country Club (players listed in predicted order of finish):
Rory McIlroy has sponsors logos on his sleeves. He doesn't want his emotions there as well.
Rory McIlroy started the U.S. Open with a run up the Rocky steps.
From No. 1 to just one of many, Rory McIlroy's game has clearly hit a rocky patch.
Rory McIlroy caught his first glimpse of the course where he'll defend his PGA Championship title in August, and he liked what he saw of Oak Hill Country Club, with its mature trees at every turn.
Ryo Ishikawa and Rory McIlroy made their Masters debut together, two teenagers in the same group, both filled with potential.
Rory McIlroy no longer holds golf’s top spot, but he says his better play of late has nothing to do with less pressure since losing the ranking to Tiger Woods.
Three months into the season, Rory McIlroy feels as if it's already been a long year.
When the scrutiny becomes suffocating, it's a good time for Rory McIlroy to get as far away as he can.
There is a fascination with numbers when it comes to Tiger Woods, a product of him winning so much over so many years.
With so much talk about quitting in the middle of a round, Tiger Woods brings his own perspective.
Tiger Woods was on his game, and so were most of the world best golfers Thursday in the Cadillac Championship.