- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
The Indianapolis 500
Latest The Indianapolis 500 Items
Hours later, Tony Kanaan still struggled to believe he had finally won the Indianapolis 500.
Tony Kanaan won nearly $2.4 million for his victory at the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday.
It had been nearly three years since Tony Kanaan's last victory, a drought so long his young son had no memory of ever seeing his father win a race.
Indianapolis 500 winner Tony Kanaan is conflicted over green-white-checkered flag finishes.
Tighter security imposed at the Indianapolis 500 after the Boston Marathon bombings caused bottlenecks Sunday that angered hundreds of fans who stood in line for up to two hours to enter the speedway and said some security officials largely abandoned their checks as the green flag was waved.
The hard-luck loser no more, Tony Kanaan finally won the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday _ with a bit of luck, at that.
Kanaan drove past Ryan Hunter-Reay on a restart Sunday with three laps to go, then coasted across the finish line under yellow when defending race winner Dario Franchitti crashed far back in the field.
Tony Kanaan has finally won the Indianapolis 500.
Former champion Buddy Lazier's return to the Indianapolis 500 ended early.