- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - The Italian Open
The Italian Open has received a boost with its selection as the final qualifying event for Europeans to make the Ryder Cup team.
The U.S. Open champion met with specialists this week and has opted to now focus on preparing for the start of the grass-court season and Wimbledon next month.
Murray retired from his second-round match with Spanish opponent Marcel Granollers at the Italian Open on Wednesday with lower back pain and considers himself doubtful for the French Open.
Serena Williams lost in the first round of a major tournament for the first time, falling to Virginie Razzano of France 4-6, 7-6 (7-5), 6-3 Tuesday at the French Open.
Rafael Nadal's white T-shirt carried specks of rust-colored clay, and his white socks were smothered with the stuff during a practice session on Court Philippe Chatrier in the steamy early afternoon Thursday.
Rafael Nadal's white T-shirt carried specks of rust-colored clay and his white socks were smothered with the stuff during a practice session on Court Philippe Chatrier in the steamy early afternoon Thursday.
Top-ranked Novak Djokovic edged Roger Federer on Saturday to set up another meeting with rival Rafael Nadal in the Italian Open final.
Serena Williams withdrew from the Italian Open with a lower back injury shortly before she was scheduled to meet French Open champion Li Na in the semifinals on Saturday.
Top-ranked Victoria Azarenka has withdrawn from the Italian Open because of a right shoulder injury.
The red clay courts of the Italian Open are a bit of heaven for Novak Djokovic after a week on the experimental blue surface in Madrid.
Andy Roddick and 2003 French Open champion Juan Carlos Ferrero withdrew from the year's second Grand Slam tournament Thursday night after failing to recover from right shoulder injuries.
Novak Djokovic extended his recent mastery over top-ranked Rafael Nadal with a 6-4, 6-4 win in the Italian Open final Sunday that stretched the Serb's unbeaten start this year to 37 matches.
Francesco is the quiet one. Edoardo tends to be a little more boisterous.