- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - The Journal News
The Journal News is a newspaper in New York serving the suburban New York City counties of Westchester, Rockland, and Putnam, a region known as the Lower Hudson Valley. It is owned by the Gannett Company, Inc. - Source: Wikipedia
A suburban New York 10th grader was suspended after administrators say he directed a racial slur at four girls from another school's track team.
A potential strike by school bus drivers in several Westchester County districts has been averted after a tentative contract agreement was reached.
A New York school board president who described a PTA parent as "chubby wubby" during a public meeting has resigned.
Some parents are calling for the resignation of a school board president in Putnam County after he described a woman as "chubby wubby" on an open mike.
Authorities say four Rockland County students have been suspended for a week after one of them brought a pellet gun to school.
Authorities say an off-duty New York City police officer has been arrested on a reckless endangerment charge after firing his gun during an argument outside his apartment in New Rochelle.
Employees of a suburban New York school district are suing their superintendent over what they describe as a hostile workplace filled with racial, religious and sexual slurs.
A woman whose two young sons died in a bathroom flooded with scalding water while she was in a drug-induced stupor is trying to get her infant daughter back from child welfare authorities, saying she's turned her life around.
Rockland County prosecutors say a former school administrator did not conspire with teachers to raise their pay.
An effort to train parents, drug-abuse counselors and others to administer an anti-overdose medication has drawn dozens of people in suburban New York.
A small dog attacked by a pit bull earlier this week has died.
Health officials say a waiter at a popular Rockland County restaurant may have exposed hundreds of patrons to hepatitis A.
A suburban New York City fire chief has announced his retirement three weeks after making anti-Semitic remarks about a Jewish town supervisor.
A 14-year-old boy is accused of calling in bomb threats to two Westchester County high schools.
Police in suburban New York say a 26-year-old Bronx man has been shot to death in a Mount Vernon parking lot and another man is in custody.