- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
Topic - The Journal News
The Journal News is a newspaper in New York serving the suburban New York City counties of Westchester, Rockland, and Putnam, a region known as the Lower Hudson Valley. It is owned by the Gannett Company, Inc. - Source: Wikipedia
A small dog attacked by a pit bull earlier this week has died.
Health officials say a waiter at a popular Rockland County restaurant may have exposed hundreds of patrons to hepatitis A.
A suburban New York City fire chief has announced his retirement three weeks after making anti-Semitic remarks about a Jewish town supervisor.
A 14-year-old boy is accused of calling in bomb threats to two Westchester County high schools.
Police in suburban New York say a 26-year-old Bronx man has been shot to death in a Mount Vernon parking lot and another man is in custody.
The amount of uncollected tolls on a New York bridge skyrocketed after electronic E-ZPass systems replaced all cash toll lanes, according to a published report.
A suburban New York City fire chief has hand delivered a letter of apology to a Jewish town supervisor for anti-Semitic remarks he made.
The body of a man who had been missing for nine days was found in Harriman State Park in New York by a hiker.
Putnam County says it'll likely appeal a judge's order to turn over information about pistol permit holders to the Journal News.
A former religion teacher at a Catholic high school in suburban New York has pleaded guilty to having sexual encounters with a 14-year-old male student.
The entrance ramp to the northbound Tappan Zee Bridge from Route 9 will be closed next Monday for several years to facilitate construction on the new bridge.
A suburban New York SPCA is forming a neighborhood watch program designed to guard against animal cruelty.
Lawmakers say locals should get a discount when the new Tappan (TAP'-uhn) Zee Bridge is built over the Hudson River between Westchester and Rockland counties.
A suspect has been arrested in a hit-and-run accident that killed a 72-year-old woman in front of her Westchester County home.
New York's prestigious Hackley School has acknowledged sex abuse that occurred in the 1960s and has apologized to victims.