- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
The Los Angeles Times
Latest The Los Angeles Times Items
The Federal Transit Administration says in a new report that the light-rail "Purple Line" expanding Washington, D.C.'s rail system further into the Maryland suburbs will cost $1 billion more than originally estimated.
A teacher in Santa Ana, Calif., was arrested and charged with animal cruelty after police tasked with investigating a foul odor found 400 snakes in his home, almost all of which had been dead for days.
Gabrielle Giffords, the former Arizona congresswoman who’s made a second career out of turning her high-profile gun injury into a campaign for more Second Amendment crackdowns, spoke briefly but bluntly to Washington lawmakers who were mulling dueling gun bills: “Fight! Fight! Fight!”
From watchdogs to lapdogs, at least 22 former reporters and editors have gobbled up jobs in President Obama's administration.
Lawyers from California have cast accusatory eyes on Mississippi, declaring that the state’s Confederate symbol on its flag that’s flown at a Santa Ana display is racist and needs to go.
President Obama is going to nominate Montana Sen. Max Baucus to serve as the next U.S. ambassador to China to fill the shoes of former Washington Gov. Gary Locke, sources said.
It’s not the dramas grabbing attention for the 2014 Golden Globes. It’s the comedies.
In the wake of the frantic Black Friday, shoppers are clicking their way to more deals with Cyber Monday. It's an easy way to buy products and find the deals. And that easiness may increase with Amazon's latest idea.
Looks like O.J. Simpson will stay in jail a while longer. A judge just denied his request for a new trial for his 2008 convictions for robbery and kidnapping that led to his 33-year sentence.