- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest The Masters Items
With rare exception, no other major championship inflicts as much emotional pain as Augusta National. The perks of winning include a lifetime exemption to the Masters and a spot in the most exclusive locker room in golf.
The scars of finishing second linger because players return to the same course year after year.
Rory McIlroy had one of the greatest recoveries in 2011 when he blew a four-shot lead in the final round of the Masters by shooting 80, and then bounced back two months later to set the scoring record in the U.S. Open in his first major win.
One after another, some of the world's best players and favorites to win the Masters trudged up the hill on the opening hole to start their practice rounds.
UNDER THE OAK TREE
How well do you know the Masters? Try this quiz:
Jason Day goes into the Masters coming off a big win. Trouble is, that was six weeks ago.
Three players at the Masters have a chance to replace Tiger Woods as No. 1 in the world.