- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - The Nanny
The Nanny is an American television sitcom co-produced by Sternin & Fraser Ink, Inc., and Fran Drescher in association with TriStar Television for the CBS network. It first aired from November 3, 1993, to May 12, 1999, and starred Fran Drescher as Fran Fine, a Jewish Queens native who casually becomes the nanny of three children from the New York/British upper class. - Source: Wikipedia
Fran Drescher recently turned a corner in her life. She's gotten a new pet, a new man and a new job - on Broadway.
March 17: Guitarist Paul Kantner of Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship is 72. Singer-songwriter Jim Weatherly is 70. Singer-songwriter John Sebastian of the Lovin' Spoonful is 69. Percussionist Harold Brown of War is 67. Actor Patrick Duffy is 64. Actor Kurt Russell is 62. Country singer Susie Allanson is 61. Actress Lesley-Anne Down is 59. Country singer Paul Overstreet is 58. Actor Gary Sinise is 58. Actor Christian Clemenson ("CSI: Miami") is 55. Actress Vicki Lewis ("NewsRadio") is 53. Actor Rob Lowe is 49. Singer Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins is 46. Bassist Van Conner of Screaming Trees is 46. Actor Mathew St. Patrick ("Six Feet Under") is 45. Actor Yanic Truesdale ("Gilmore Girls") is 44. Bassist Melissa Auf der Maur (Smashing Pumpkins, Hole) is 41. Drummer Caroline Corr of The Corrs is 40. Actress Marisa Coughlan ("Freddy Got Fingered," "Teaching Mrs. Tingle") is 39. Rapper Swifty of D12 is 38. Actress Brittany Daniel ("It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia") is 37.
Make no mistake, "Parental Guidance" is a dog of a movie that stretches a half-hour's worth of situation comedy into feature length. It's mawkish, trite and written at the level of an episode of "The Nanny."
Count Fran Drescher of "The Nanny" and Wayne Knight of "Seinfeld" among TV veterans returning in new sitcoms.