- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
The New York Times
Latest The New York Times Items
The Los Angeles Times won a Pulitzer Prize for public service Monday for a series revealing that politicians in the struggling working-class city of Bell, Calif., were paying themselves enormous six-figure salaries.
HBO has picked up a political satire series called "Veep" starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and is expected to shoot the show in Baltimore.
The 2011 Pulitzer Prize winners and finalists, with comments from judges:
Details and reaction on the winners of the 2011 Pulitzer Prizes:
There he goes again. President Obama says that what America needs right now is an increase in taxes to pay the government's mounting bills and curb its $14 trillion debt.
Iran began delivering money to Afghan President Hamid Karzai as early as 2003, a former Afghan official says.
Peter Griffin and his long-put-upon, but funny, "Family Guy" family are heading to the pages of their own comic book series, Associated Press reports.
On HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher," filmmaker Julian Schnabel said his controversial new feature "Miral" "actually shows Palestinians how we wish they would be: peaceful." Dear reader, I think Mr. Schnabel has stumbled upon a ritual that could prove even more transcendentally beneficial than yoga meditation.
Who is Stanley Fish to tell us how to write and read a sentence? Well, for starters, he has been the dean of liberal arts and sciences at the University of Illinois at Chicago, has taught at Duke, Johns Hopkins and Berkeley universities, and today he is the Davidson-Kahn distinguished university professor and a law professor at Florida International University.