- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - The Newsroom
"Breaking Bad," the brutal, drug-fueled saga of an everyman's ambition turned evil, captured its first best drama Emmy Award on Sunday, denying the online series "House of Cards" a history-making honor.
List of winners at Sunday's 65th annual Primetime Emmy Awards presented by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
It's a few minutes after a performance of his debut play and Hamish Linklater looks like he's got indigestion.
Show Bits brings you the 70th annual Golden Globes awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
Another daughter of Meryl Streep has landed a role in a TV drama. Grace Gummer will have a recurring role on HBO's "The Newsroom" in its upcoming second season, according to The Hollywood Reporter. She will play Hallie Shea, a reporter who is embedded with the Mitt Romney campaign.
Aaron Sorkin is confronting critics of his HBO drama head on.
Olivia Munn prides herself on working with three powerful S names in Hollywood: Jon Stewart on "The Daily Show," Steven Soderbergh in the film "Magic Mike" and Aaron Sorkin on HBO's "The Newsroom." But to hear her tell it, she's still and up-and-comer _ and maybe a bit of a cheat.
Dancing in the streets might have been fun to do in the days of Motown, but it landed a "Jersey Shore" cast member in court.
HBO says it's bringing back "The Newsroom" and "True Blood" for another season each.
Kids hear it from their elders all the time: "Use your words." In the case of Aaron Sorkin, that childhood lesson clearly stuck.
"The Newsroom" has a reassuring mantra: "We can do better."