- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest NHL Items
Ryan Miller stopped 26 shots, and David Backes broke up a scoreless game in the second period, helping the St. Louis Blues beat the Colorado Avalanche 2-1 Saturday in a Central Division showdown.
15 minutes after signing Evgeny Kuznetsov, Capitals GM George McPhee spoke with the media to discuss the near future of Kuznetsov in Washington.
Ryan Miller used his head with the game on the line.
The Capitals have signed prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov to an entry-level contract, paving the way for him to join the team in the coming days.
Vancouver Canucks forward Zack Kassian was suspended for three games without pay by the NHL on Friday for a hit on the Dallas Stars' Brenden Dillon.
The NHL reduced its penalty against the New Jersey Devils on Thursday for signing Ilya Kovalchuk in 2010.
Andrei Markov scored in the sixth round of the shootout, and the Montreal Canadiens beat the NHL-leading Anaheim Ducks 4-3 Wednesday night for their sixth victory in eight games.
Martin Brodeur never had to make a decision on whether to waive his no-trade clause with the New Jersey Devils.
Dustin Penner saw plenty of ice time in his debut with the Capitals and played a role in Alex Ovechkin's power-play goal.