- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
Latest NHL Items
Marty Erat, Joel Ward and Matt Hendricks will all be facing their former teams tonight when the Predators visit the Capitals [7 p.m., CSN].
Center Brooks Laich stayed off the ice for the eighth straight day, raising concerns about his long-term health.
Mike Green says the Caps need to find a better way to respond to falling behind in games. 'Then why didn't he do it?' wonders Adam Oates.
Just two days after surprisingly watching from the bench for a second straight game, No. 1 goalie Henrik Lundqvist agreed to a long-term contract extension with the New York Rangers on Wednesday.
If the Capitals trade Marty Erat and Dmitry Orlov, should they look for a forward or defenseman in return?
Goalie Henrik Lundqvist has agreed to a contract extension with the New York Rangers.
The Capitals defenseman has taken more shots without a goal than any player in the NHL this season, with none of his 62 attempts finding the back of the net.
Alex Ovechkin was hoping to have dinner with former teammate Alex Semin. Concussion symptoms kept Semin in North Carolina.
Before every game, Capitals coach Adam Oates has to make 23 go into 20. The NHL allows teams to carry 23 players. Only 20 can dress for a game. As cool as the media corps may be, players would rather be on ice than up in the press box where the scratches sit for a game.