- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- Holiday cheer: Airline grants Christmas wishes for 250 unsuspecting passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
Latest The Olympics Items
The reigning Olympic figure skating champion announced Tuesday that a torn labrum in his left hip will keep him from competing in Sochi. After two months of aggressive treatment, doctors told Lysacek last week the injury was not going to improve and he was risking permanent damage if he kept training.
Her publicist said in an email Wednesday that along with a mild strain in the same knee Vonn hurt in a high-speed fall at the world championships in February, she has "minor facial abrasions" and a bruised shoulder blade. What was not immediately clear: When Vonn might be able to compete and how Tuesday's injuries might affect her Olympic hopes.
Actor James Woods, a Hollywood hero for conservatives who's been outspoken against President Obama and his policies, took the Comic-Con stage in New York to speak on what he saw as a more inspirational subject: America's future ability to make great scientific leaps and bounds.
On current form and on a very familiar golf course, the two top-ranked players in the World Cup _ Adam Scott and Matt Kuchar _ are heavy favorites for individual honors when play begins Thursday at Royal Melbourne.
The World Cup of Golf begins Thursday at Royal Melbourne with 25 two-man teams and eight to 10 individual golfers vying for $8 million in prize money.
The Caps defenseman is one of 48 candidates for a spot on the United States Olympic team. Sometime around the first of the year, he'll get a phone call. He'll either be told see you in Sochi or thanks but no thanks. But he can't think about that.
The World Cup this week will offer a glimpse of what to expect when golf returns to the Olympics at Rio de Janeiro in 2016.
The organizers of the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi have introduced some of the most extensive identity checks and sweeping security measures ever seen at an international sports event, raising concerns that they are stifling dissent and violating privacy under the pretext of fulfilling their pledge to make the games "the safest Olympics in history."
A chance to fight in boxing's "mecca" comes Saturday when 19-year-old Dusty Hernandez-Harrison – a rising undefeated welterweight out of Washington, D.C. and maybe the next big thing in boxing – steps into the ring at Madison Square Garden to face Josh Torres for something called the World Boxing Council Youth Welterweight world championship.