- Stocks gain as investors weigh economic news
- Doctors say ‘profound’ new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- NYPD head Ray Kelly wins big retirement perk — a $1.5M tax-paid team of bodyguards
- #smh: Pentagon may forgive recruits’ vulgar, disrespectful social media posts
- Libraries to feds: Stop spying on us
- Britain eyes new powers to thwart Islamic extremists
- Angry NTSB ousts railroad union from N.Y. train crash site
- Sen. Bernie Sanders hints at White House run
- Westboro Baptists slam actor Paul Walker: He’s ‘in Hell’
By Tom Harris and Madhav Khandekar
Bad science puts rich nations on the hook for trillions in climate liabilities
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - The Pacific
Astronauts. War heroes. Men possessed of exceptional dignity and kindness. An overgrown all-American boy. Even a steadfast all-American toy. These are the kinds of signature roles that created Tom Hanks' beloved Everyman persona and propelled him to the top of Hollywood's A-list in the 1990s.
The daring secret mission by elite U.S. forces to get Osama bin Laden will be told in the pages of a new graphic novel that aims to shed more light - with a bit of creative license - on the event.
The daring secret mission to get Osama bin Laden by elite U.S. forces will be told in the pages of a new graphic novel that aims to shed more light _ with a bit of creative license _ on the event.
The winners of the 2010 Peabody Awards announced Thursday include some of the biggest names in television, but the age-old medium of radio shined in this year's competition with eight awards.
A crowded nightclub is the setting. Ragtime music echoes through the smoke-filled room.
A gift guide to the best Blu-ray and DVD entertainment including Respond2 Entertainment's Tonight: 4 Decades From The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, Paramount Home Entertainment's White Christmas and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment's Alien Anthology.
The Betty White phenomenon keeps getting bigger.
The Betty White phenomenon keeps getting bigger, as the 88-year-old actress garnered her fifth prime-time Emmy, this one for best guest actress in a comedy series for her turn as host of "Saturday Night Live."