- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
the players championship
Latest the players championship Items
Peter Hanson made his only back-nine birdie with a 6-foot putt at the 18th hole Thursday, closing out a 5-under 65 for a one-stroke lead over David Duval and two others after the first round of the Byron Nelson Championship.
The agent for Martin Kaymer took the notebook and pen and wrote down the name of Kaymer's coach. It's not that Gunter Kessler is tricky to spell. It's just not a name that gets mentioned often.
All Times EDT
Jim Furyk has had a chance to win the last two weeks - both times from the locker room.
Kaymer nearly blew a three-shot lead after a 90-minute rain delay until he holed a 30-foot par putt on the famous island green. He got up-and-down with his putter from short of the 18th green for one last par and a 1-under 71.
Martin Kaymer never lost sight of opportunity even amid so much evidence of trouble in the closing stretch Sunday at The Players Championship.
A brief look at the final round Sunday at The Players Championship at the TPC Sawgrass:
A brief look at the third round of The Players Championship on Saturday at the TPC Sawgrass:
Martin Kaymer stopped thinking, started swinging and played his way into the record book Thursday in The Players Championship.