- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
the players championship
Latest the players championship Items
The Players Championship is changing this year to a three-hole aggregate playoff involving the closing stretch at the TPC Sawgrass.
A look at the injuries for Tiger Woods, who announced Tuesday he is missing the Masters for the first time in his career:
Woods was on the Jack Nicklaus Award ballot with British Open champion Phil Mickelson, Masters champion Adam Scott, FedEx Cup champion Henrik Stenson and Matt Kuchar.
A capsule look at 20 contenders for the British Open golf championship, to be played July 18-21 at Muirfield (listed in predicted order of finish):
Woods spoke Wednesday at the AT&T National, where he had to withdraw as the defending champion because of a left elbow strain. Doctors have recommended that he not play at Congressional or next week at The Greenbrier Classic.
A timeline of quotes in the verbal sparring between Sergio Garcia and Tiger Woods. It dates to May 11 at The Players Championship, when Garcia was preparing to hit his second shot on the par-5 second hole and was disrupted by cheers from the gallery surrounding Woods in the trees because he took 5-wood from the bag:
On a night of celebration, one of the embarrassing moments at the World Golf Hall of Fame induction ceremony was early in the program, when Hall of Fame members in attendance were recognized. The introductions didn't take very long.
Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus have never had a conversation longer than a couple of minutes, and rarely about golf. Maybe it's because they already think along the same lines when it comes to winning tournaments.
Woods ended a weekend of verbal sparring with Garcia by doing what he does best — closing out tournaments, even if he let this one turn into a tense duel over the final hour at the TPC Sawgrass. Tied with Garcia with two holes to play, Woods won by finding land on the last two holes for par to close with a 2-under 70. If only it were that simple for the Spaniard.