- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - The Politically Incorrect Guide To English And American Literature
Ms. Kantor asks, "What is it that Jane Austen heroines do (that we're not doing) that makes really satisfying happy endings possible for them, and not so likely for us?"
Instead, Ms. Kantor writes, women need to understand the real meaning of love and happiness - and settle for nothing less.