- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
the seattle times
Latest the seattle times Items
Ballot questions are taking center stage in the Nov. 5 elections as voters in a half-dozen states grapple with issues including marijuana taxes, genetically modified foods and casino gambling.
Police believe whoever left a pressure cooker at an Everett gas station, just 25 miles north of Seattle, Wash., on Wednesday intended to instill fear on a day Americans are already on edge.
Washington lawmakers have pulled a contentious gun-control bill from the state's legislative tracking website, after calling a section that gave law enforcement authority to enter homes and check for proper weapons storage a "mistake."
A new bill working through Washington state's legislature would allow local sheriffs to enter homes of gun owners to ensure their weapons are properly stored.
The standardized-testing boycott that began with teachers in Chicago last year and reached new heights recently in Seattle may be exploding into a full-blown national movement.
The King County medical examiner's office says Seattle hip-hop artist Freddy E has died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
In the private hell of a mother's grief, the sounds come back to Judy Neiman. The SUV door slamming. The slight bump as she backed up in the bank parking lot. The emergency room doctor's sobs as he said her 9-year-old daughter Sydnee, who previously had survived four open heart surgeries, would not make it this time.
Comedian Katt Williams didn't show up at an arraignment hearing in Seattle to face assault charges stemming from several run-ins with people and police last weekend.
The most polarizing Hall of Fame debate since Pete Rose will now be decided by the baseball shrine's voters: Do Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Sammy Sosa belong in Cooperstown despite drug allegations that tainted their huge numbers?