- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - The Serie A
Mario Balotelli is out injured and Daniele De Rossi has been dropped due to a code of ethics violation for Italy's friendly at World Cup holder Spain on Wednesday.
The Serie A derby between Genoa and Sampdoria has been moved from Sunday lunchtime to Monday night to appease fans.
The Serie A strike ended Monday after the Italian players' association and league signed a temporary collective contract, clearing the way for the season to start this weekend.