- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest The Star-Ledger Items
A series of changes in state law led to a sharp increase in the second half of last year in the number of offenders voluntarily signing up for drug court programs across New Jersey, including in counties where judges may impose mandatory sentences, state officials said.
Prosecutors say a young couple who went missing late last month have been found dead in a garage at a northern New Jersey home.
Authorities say the third teenager who was shot on Christmas night in New Jersey's largest city has died.
Authorities say a northern New Jersey man was killed when the all-terrain vehicle he was driving struck a parked car.
Calls made to 911 and police on the night a young lawyer was killed in a carjacking outside an upscale New Jersey reveal that it may have taken an ambulance 30 minutes to get to the victim, according to a published report.
A New Jersey police detective used a supermarket's surveillance video to help track down the person who found a lost engagement ring.
Journalists and pundits are still lining up to join the press buffet currently hosted by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, whose five-day old bridge controversy has fueled much news media interpretation and fancy footwork.
Like many young teens in the mid-to-late 1960s, Julie Hankinson spent some of her best days at Sandy Hook. Hankinson, though, had an advantage. She didn't have to leave after the sun set or when the school year started. She lived there year-round as one of seven kids of U.S. Army Col. Dan Johnson, commander at the Fort Hancock Army outpost on the northern end of the peninsula.
The man who prosecutors say shot and killed three people at a northern New Jersey strip club on Christmas morning has been captured at his mother's home in Florida.