- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
The Summer Games
Latest The Summer Games Items
Austria will attempt to win its third consecutive team large hill gold medal when the event closes out the Sochi Olympics Nordic combined program at the RusSki Gorki Jumping Center on Thursday.
She scrambled to find her camera before the flower ceremony began. Lolo Jones wasn't going to miss any of it.
Lolo Jones remains on a quest for Olympic gold. For now, she'd settle for cold.
Unlike when Chinese hurdler Liu Xiang made a major Olympic breakthrough for Asian men, Yuzuru Hanyu's historic gold medal for Japan in figure skating looks less a flash in the pan and more of a significant shift in his sport's center of gravity.
The main news conference room at the media center in Sochi has seemed comically oversized for most of these games, with a couple dozen reporters filing into the 530-seat hall for various question-and-answer sessions.
With temperatures rising on the Black Sea coast, the Sochi Olympics are starting to feel more like the Summer Games.
Hosting the Olympics comes with so many pitfalls.
The IOC launched a debate Wednesday on the future of Olympic bidding, including the possibility of individual country or joint bids rather than the tradition of choosing a single host city.
International Olympic and anti-doping officials are implementing the toughest drug-testing program in Winter Games history, using intelligence to target athletes and events considered most at risk.