- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest The Tennessean Items
A Nashville woman has been sentenced to two years in prison for defrauding the Veterans Administration of more than $364,000.
An 18-year-old from Nashville has been charged with making 108 false calls to 911, making it the second time this year she's faced the complaint.
Construction on the National Museum of African American Music in Nashville could start as early as next year.
Archeologists digging at the construction site for Nashville's new minor league baseball stadium have unearthed prehistoric deposits that could go back as far as 1150 AD.
Tennessee's Department of Children's Services has published the first set of child fatality statistics since an agency overhaul following revelations that child welfare officials did not know how many children were dying in DCS custody.
A new national report finds Tennessee's children rank 32nd among all states for academic success, health and economic well-being.
Moody's Investors Service has downgraded Metropolitan Nashville's credit rating, citing the city's "above average debt burden," among other things.
Many inmates awaiting execution on Tennessee's death row never make it to the execution chamber.
Gail Kerr, an outspoken columnist for The Tennessean newspaper in Nashville, died Tuesday. She was 52.