- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - The Virginian-Pilot
The Virginian-Pilot (commonly called "The Pilot") is a daily newspaper based in Norfolk, Virginia and serving the Hampton Roads metropolitan area, i.e., southeastern Virginia, the Eastern Shore of Virginia, and northeastern North Carolina. Owned by Landmark Media Enterprises, The Pilot is Virginia's largest daily metro paper. - Source: Wikipedia
A 13-year-old Suffolk boy faces charges of obtaining nude photos of a girl and then using the images to coerce her into performing a sex act.
The operator of Hampton Roads' port offered discounts to ocean carriers as a way to attract more rail cargo at a time when the port struggled financially despite an increase in cargo volume, Virginia's transportation secretary said.
A planned triathlon at Norfolk Naval Station is off because of new security requirements.
Fire has destroyed a waterfront condominium complex at Hatteras Village, and officials say two people were hurt jumping from a second-story deck to escape the flames.
Five Somali men have been sentenced for their roles in the 2010 attack on the USS Ashland off the coast of Africa.
A Chesterfield County woman faces up to 20 years in prison after admitting her role in a Medicaid billing scheme.
Six brothers are in a northeastern North Carolina jail after authorities said they molested a young girl for nearly a decade.
Virginia Beach is testing a way to prevent people from sleeping on benches.
Chesapeake has seen a decline in complaints against police since it expanded the use of body cameras.
Two more people have died from injuries suffered in a car crash in Virginia Beach, increasing the toll to four.
Boat owners are concerned that the start of charter fishing season may leave them high and dry because the Oregon Inlet is clogged with sand.
The state is offering to pay up to $155 million to extend light rail in Virginia Beach, as long as it doesn't use magnetic levitation technology.
The Army Corps of Engineers says part of the Oregon Inlet is too shallow to dredge.
The Virginia Parole Board has granted supervised release to a Norfolk man whose parole was revoked for failing to register as a sex offender.
Gov. Terry McAuliffe says he's not going to tolerate continuing losses at the Virginia Port Authority.