- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest The Virginian-Pilot Items
A 13-year-old Suffolk boy faces charges of obtaining nude photos of a girl and then using the images to coerce her into performing a sex act.
The operator of Hampton Roads' port offered discounts to ocean carriers as a way to attract more rail cargo at a time when the port struggled financially despite an increase in cargo volume, Virginia's transportation secretary said.
A planned triathlon at Norfolk Naval Station is off because of new security requirements.
Fire has destroyed a waterfront condominium complex at Hatteras Village, and officials say two people were hurt jumping from a second-story deck to escape the flames.
Five Somali men have been sentenced for their roles in the 2010 attack on the USS Ashland off the coast of Africa.
A Chesterfield County woman faces up to 20 years in prison after admitting her role in a Medicaid billing scheme.
Six brothers are in a northeastern North Carolina jail after authorities said they molested a young girl for nearly a decade.
Virginia Beach is testing a way to prevent people from sleeping on benches.
Chesapeake has seen a decline in complaints against police since it expanded the use of body cameras.