- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
Latest The Virginian-Pilot Items
Two more people have died from injuries suffered in a car crash in Virginia Beach, increasing the toll to four.
Boat owners are concerned that the start of charter fishing season may leave them high and dry because the Oregon Inlet is clogged with sand.
The Army Corps of Engineers says part of the Oregon Inlet is too shallow to dredge.
The state is offering to pay up to $155 million to extend light rail in Virginia Beach, as long as it doesn't use magnetic levitation technology.
The Virginia Parole Board has granted supervised release to a Norfolk man whose parole was revoked for failing to register as a sex offender.
Gov. Terry McAuliffe says he's not going to tolerate continuing losses at the Virginia Port Authority.
The Cape Point area of Cape Hatteras National Seashore is being closed to off-road driving to protect breeding activities of piping plover shorebirds.
Hampton Roads Transit and the city of Portsmouth are waging a legal battle over payments for bus service.
Norfolk State University's governing board has approved a tuition increase to help make up for declining enrollment.